I have been a general dentist in private practice since 1984. I have extensive knowledge of occlusion, gnathology, restorative dentistry, fixed prosthetics, and cosmetic dentistry. My profession involves helping people, either to get them out of pain, to improve the appearance of their teeth and smile, or just to improve their overall dental health.
In short, taking a broken-down tooth and creating a pretty and functional one is extremely satisfying to me. Over the last three decades I have developed a deep connection to the people in my practice by listening to them and sharing the ups and downs of their lives. My practice and my patients are a significant part of my life.
- Bachelor of Arts – University of California, Berkley
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery – UCLA Dental School
- Removable Partial Denture Study Club – UCSF, 1994-1995
- Restorative Study Club – UCSF, 1996-1997
- Comprehensive Diagnosis and Treatment of Complex Restorative Cases – UCSF, 2001-2002
- Advanced Esthetic and Restorative Management, 2005
- Occlusion Study Club – UOP, 2008
- Ozone Therapy Certification – 2011
I believe that dentistry is constantly evolving, and in order to be the very best dentist, I must continue to learn new techniques, products, and equipment. I take approximately 30 to 40 continuing education units per year, in areas of study that will further my knowledge of dentistry and hone my skills, and thereby enable me to provide ever better dentistry. I am currently concentrating on the areas of implants, occlusion, periodontology, and esthetic dentistry.
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- Redwood Empire Dental Society
- Association for Mercury-Free Dentistry
Outside the Office
I am a lifelong resident of Marin and Sonoma counties. I love to hike, dance, knit, travel, and have fun with my daughter. I have also been involved in local Scottish, Scandinavian, and folk dance groups since 1975.